Zurich, Bern, Lucerne…
On this cycling tour you will experience the highlights of Switzerland – the cities of Zurich, Bern and Lucerne, many pretty lakes and the stunning cultural highlights like the cloister of Einsiedeln. Cycle in the land of mountains, cows and chocolate on good and mostly flat roads.
Cycle in the land of mountains, cows and chocolate on good and mostly flat roads.
The city on the lake of the same name is seen as being the only metropolis in Switzerland and has a well-preserved old town. All visitor attractions can be found within walking distance in and around the old town, e.g. stained glass window by Marc Chagall in the Fraumünster-Kirche.
After breakfast your cycling tour of Switzerland comes to an end.
Today you will cycle along Lake Zurich towards Rapperswil with its old castle and will then cross over the lake along a dam. You will be taken by train to Einsiedeln, which to this day is still a popular place of pilgrimage.
Today’s cycling will be through quiet countryside and lively villages as you pass Lake Ägeri and Lake Zug. Küssnacht, Wilhelm Tell und Hohle Gasse are all Swiss national symbols which you will see today before cycling along Lake Lucerne and reaching the city of Lucerne.
The mountains to the left and right of Lake Sarner and Lake Lungerer continue to get higher. You will take the train to get over the famous Brüning mountain pass. Passing Lake Brienz you will reach your destination; the spa town of Interlake between Lake Brienz and Lake Thun.
The day begins with a boat trip on Lake Thun, before you cycle on the Bern. Goethe thought Bern was the most beautiful city in Switzerland. The old town is a world heritage site.
Cycling along the Aare river and Lake Wohlen you will come to the bilingual town of Biel/Bienne. The Swisswatch-making industry made the town famous. In the Omega museum you can learn all about the industry.
Today’s stage is only short so that you have enough time to enjoy the old town or the Lake. Solothurn is also a Canton capital city and is considered the most beautiful baroque city in Switzerland.
The river landscape of the, by now large, Aare dominates the landscape. Villages and meadows lie along the route to Aarau, Which is still marked by the 16th Century and was once the capital town of the Helvetic Republic.
Following the Aare River you will come to the “Wasserschloss” of Switzerland which literally translated means the “Water Castle”. You will cycle back to Zurich through the spa town of Baden with its 19 thermal springs.
The route runs mainly along its own cycle paths and separate cycle roads. The route is a little hilly in some parts and you may have to dismount and push your bike for short periods.
* Transfer from airport to Zürich hotel
* Economy class return airfare
* Accommodation as already mentioned(default 3 stars or Chalet or guest house)
* Breakfast buffet,6 Dinner ( local European 3 course meal )
* Luggage transfer between the hotels
* Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
* Boat ride Interlaken – Thun incl. Bicycle
* Train journey Pfäffikon – Einsiedeln incl. bicycle
* Train journey Giswil – Brienz,Aarau - Zürich incl. bicycle
* Rental bike & insurance
* Service Hotline
* 1 nos cycle travellers jersey
* 1.5-2 kg cycle travellers munching
* Visa assist
* Transfer to airport from Zürich hotel
Services not included:
* Visa fee
* Travel Insurance
* 5% GST Tax
* Any other personal expenses
* Surcharge single room-INR 40000(8N)
* Surcharge electro-assisted bike-INR 25000
Cancellation policy & other:
* 30 days prior to departure-50% of tour cost+visa charge, if any
* 10 days prior to departure-100% of tour cost+visa charge, if any
* If you took the tour in any offers then there will no refund
* Transfer of the tour cannot be transferred to any other person name after the booking.
Air ticket & airline:
* We cannot assume the responsibility for delay, cancel, the additional cost of airline and air ticket.
the tour is also available without air tickets so u can choose airline as per your comfort. (additional cost will apply)
* Extended tour is also available please contact us for more information.