Holland meets Belgium
Holland meets Belgium.
During this tour some of the most beautiful cities of Holland and Flanders are highlighted: Amsterdam, Antwerp, Ghent and Bruges, where you can still feel the charm of the days long gone. After embarking in Amsterdam, you will cross through a beautiful part of the Netherlands. Of course, you will see the 19 Dutch windmills in Kinderdijk. Via Dordrecht and the fortified town of Willemstad, the ship cruises through the “Delta” Province of Zeeland to Belgium. You will spend the night in Antwerp, the city of Rubens, whose paintings can be admired in the cathedral. You will cycle from Antwerp to Ghent along the beautiful tidal river Lower Schelde. This tour's final destination is Bruges - the “Pearl of Flanders”
Note: Trip is also possible in the other direction - the route has some slight changes. Please have a look at the dates!
Arrival in Amsterdam by bike to Vianen approx. 5 - 15 km
Today you make your own way to Amsterdam to start the tour. You can embark from 1 pm. At 2 pm the boat will set off for the first time to Vianen, which is a small fortress city on the little Lek river.
Vianen – Schoonhoven – Kinderdijk – Dordrecht approx. 55 km
After breakfast you will cycle a beautiful route to Schoonhoven – nicknamed Zilverstad (Silver City) – a city that has been renowned for its talented silver smiths since the 17th Century. As you continue to cycle along the Lek River you will pass through the Alblasserwaard region to Kinderdijk, a village famous for its impressive row of 19 large windmills – one of which you can visit. They have a UNESCO cultural heritage listing. From nearby Alblasserdam you will take the “Waterbus” (not included, costs approx.€ 4 per person), a fast ferry, that will take and your bike you in approx. 10 minutes to Dordrecht, one of the oldest towns in Holland. The historical centre is impressively located between two powerful rivers.
Dordrecht – Willemstad – Tholen – Antwerpen approx. 35 km
During breakfast the ship sails to Willemstad. You will cycle past the impressive "Volkerak" lock and then continue to Tholen, which was an island in former times. Alternatively you can bike through a forest area, “the Wouwse Plantage“, towards the south to the impressive Kreekraksluis (lock).
From here you shall continue by boats. Almost without noticing you will cross the border into Belgium. Look forward to your time in Antwerp, which is not only known as the 'diamond city', but also as the native city of painter Rubens. You will find some of his paintings in the “Onze Lieve Vrouwe (our lady) Cathedral”.
Antwerpen – Dendermonde/Sint Amands approx. 55 km
After breakfast you leave the port by bike to the Zeeschelde. You follow this beautiful but capricious tidal river upstream to Dendermonde. There is a beautiful bike path along the river and the landscape around the Schelde is magnificent. You will either cycle to St-Amands or Dendermonde, a friendly little town along the river. Those who would like to can enjoy the evening doing a beer tasting session.
(Possible boat ride to St-Amands where you stay overnight)
Dendermonde/Sint Amands – Gent ca. 40 - 55 km
The bike tour follows the river Schelde once again this time towards Ghent. Ghent is a lively university city with a long past. In the afternoon you have the opportunity to discover the city some more or to shop in the lively centre. The city was founded in Roman times at the point where the rivers Leie and Schelde converge. The convenient location has brought much prosperity over the years, culminating in the late 13th and early 14th Centuries. The textile industry brought great wealth. The ship is docked at the lock in Merelbeke, a suburb of Ghent (approx. 15 min away from the city centre by bike).
Gent – Merelbeke - Brügge approx. 45 km
Today our bike tour goes through the pleasant country side of Western Flanders to Bruges. Bruges, also called the Venice of the North, is maybe the most beautiful of all Flemish cities. Its old centre, which dates from the Middle Ages is almost completely intact. At that time, Bruges was a metropolis and center of commerce and art. You can still see this glory from the beautiful buildings. But Bruges is also a nice town for shopping or going out.
Tour around Bruges to the North Sea approx. 50 km
The last bike tour takes you to a quiet canal where you’ll find lots of poplars. You cycle through an attractive polder landscape with nice small farm houses until you get to the North Sea coast. A 12km long sandy beach and numerous cafés provide enough variety during your lunch break. Afterwards, you head back to Bruges. Dinner is on board the MS Fluvius.
After breakfast it is time to disembark and to make your own way home.
Flat routes through Holland and Belgium along bike paths.
Self-guided or guided cycle trips: The guided bike tours are finalised depending on the group members and ability by the tour guide. For those doing a self-guided bike tour, you will get your route book when your board the boat. Each day you will cycle between 40 and 60km. All of the distances are approximations from the recommended bike tours.
* Program according to the itinerary
* Accommodation on board in outer cabins in the booked category
* Full board (7 x breakfast, 7 x three-course dinner
* Bed linen and towels (change of towels daily possible); daily cleaning of the cabin
* Welcome drink and speech on the first evening. Tour leader (multilingual) with daily briefings of the bike tours, some short city tours; during the day the tour leader is cycling the daily bike tour (guided tours) and can be reached by individual travellers on his/her cell phone.
* Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours (onboard)
* Daily coffee and tea until 4 pm
* 1 nos cycle travellers jersey
* 1.5-2 kg cycle travellers munching
* Visa assist
* Transfer from airport to Amsterdam hotel
* Economy class return airfare
* Transfers to/from the docking places in Amsterdam and Bruges; other transfers, parking fee, entrance fees & excursions, fees for ferries, drinks on board, personal insurances, gratuities (at your discretion).
* Visa fee
* Travel Insurance
* 5% GST Tax
* Any other personal expenses
* Surcharge single room-INR 25000(7N)
* Surcharge electro-assisted bike-INR 20000
Cancellation policy & other:
* 30 days prior to departure-50% of tour cost+visa charge, if any
* 10 days prior to departure-100% of tour cost+visa charge, if any
* If you took the tour in any offers then there will no refund
* Transfer of the tour cannot be transferred to any other person name after the booking. Air ticket & airline
* We cannot assume the responsibility for delay, cancel, the additional cost of airline and air ticket.
the tour is also available without air tickets so u can choose airline as per your comfort. (additional cost will apply)
* Extended tour is also available please contact us for more information.
* Return journey to Amsterdam by train costs approx about €55 per person.
Program and itinerary are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this
is no reason for a free cancellation).
Dietary requirements or vegetarian food can be catered for upon request and for a surcharge. You might need to bring some products yourself. You must let us know at least 14 days before the tour starts.
You should definitely bring good rain clothing (jacket and trousers), a sun hat, sunscreen and sports shoes with you.